Most people from outside of China will need to obtain a visa in advance to enter China.

Please check the information below carefully.

No Visa Needed

If you are from one of the following countries you should not need to obtain a visa. (Of course, you will still need your Passport.)

  • San Marino
  • Mauritius
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Ecuador
  • Fiji
  • Grenada
  • Serbia
  • Seychelles
  • Tonga
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Brunei
  • Japan
  • Singapore

Visa needed

If you are from any other country you will probably need to apply for a visa. It may cost money and take some time but it should not be too difficult. Please check the links below for more information.

If you are from the United States, please check the following information from the Chinese Embassy.

For US players, we HIGHLY recommend that you use a third-party service to manage your visa application process. The cost is slightly higher but they are very efficient and quite a few US players have used them for various yoyo-related trips to China with great success.

Because you are competing in and “athletic or artistic event or competition”, you will require a Chinese Business visa. Full details on how to get this visa can be found here:

China Business Visa





(Last update: 2018.2.1)